Helping Our Arts Groups
Arts organizations struggle to stay alive in the best of times. Now, more than ever during the COVID-19 crisis, they need our support in order to exist. If you are in a position to help, here are some ways: (click on the organization’s title to reach its website)
Purchase a membership:
Students’ memberships are just $10; adult memberships are offered starting at $55 and include children’s admission as well. All CMA members get:
- Free unlimited admission for one year
For those who join or renew while the CMA is temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 virus, membership will be honored for 14 months.
- Discounts on concert tickets, classes, and lectures
- Free admission to over 150 museums across the Southeast
- Invitations to members-only events, including Exhibition Opening Parties
- 10% discount in the CMA Shop
- Member magazine
- 20% discount on summer camps and art classes
- All levels except for Student and Avant-Garde include free admission for children 18 and under, for no additional cost
Student memberships are $25, single membership is $40 and a dual membership is $75. There are also varying levels of membership to show added support. Depending on the level of membership, the member receives a number of free tickets. In addition, these benefits are included in ALL Nick memberships:
- Complimentary tickets to movie screenings
- Dramatically discounted tickets for showings and special events
($3.00 off the general admission price)
- Tri-annual mailing of our Nick Mag
- Discounts on beer and wine every Thursday
- Free popcorn on Wednesdays and weekday matinees
- Discounted tickets to other art house theaters nationwide
- 100% tax deductible charitable donation
For thirty-four years, Trustus Theatre been home to adventurous theatre-goers who seek out contemporary stories and feel at home as members of a vibrant, cohesive community. Memberships begin at $25 and perks include discounts at the bar, invitations to exclusive parties and member gifts.
Help keep live theatre alive in the Chapin area by becoming a member. Memberships start at $100 and include all 5 shows of the season.
The Sumter Opera House continues to build upon the impressive lineup of national acts that are part of their newly named Main Stage Series with more artists announced throughout the year. Their membership program gives loyal supporters the opportunity to enjoy exclusive members-only benefits such as ticket discounts, special event invitations, and early access to purchase single tickets prior to public sale. Memberships begin at $50.
Season memberships include tickets to performances of The Nutcracker and at least one additional performance. Top tier contributors also receive tickets to the Annual Spring Gala.
- Guaranteed Priority/Reserved Seating
- Program Listing
- Purchase Power of additional tickets with membership seat
- Insurance for Lost Tickets
Memberships begin at $350 and include a variety of special privileges and benefits:
- Avoid box office fees and surcharges
- Tremendous savings on ticket prices
- Get the best seats in the house, handpicked by our membership director
- Receive your tickets in the mail – no waiting in line!
- Flex pass allows you to use all your tickets at one show or distribute them across the season
- Invitation to insider events, such as Ballet Uncorked and other promotions and events throughout the season
Each subscription package also includes a tax-deductible contribution that goes directly to the Columbia City Ballet’s Annual Fund Campaign.
Columbia Classical Ballet recruits the most talented performers from around the world and brings them to our community. Season memberships begin at $250 and include tickets to performances.
For 50 years, Workshop Theatre has been the creative domain of many of the area’s most talented actors, directors, and technicians. Membership levels begin with Student at $60 which includes 5 tickets and progresses to Angel support at $1000 which includes 40 tickets to upcoming performances.
Purchase Season Tickets:
Lovers of harmony, they’re on a mission to entertain, educate, enrich and excite you about symphonic music. Purchase season 2020-2021 tickets here.
Make a Donation:
Established in 1972, the S.C. Arts Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to recognizing, encouraging and supporting the art and artists of South Carolina. Throughout its history, the Foundation has pursued creative ways to help the business community and private citizens contribute to a thriving arts community across the state. Learn about various ways to support their work on their website.
In the heart of Lexington is a community theatre that has been producing stage plays for 30 years. They are in the process of gathering funds for a building project. Contribute what you can to help them reach their dream!
Town is renovating and needs money to accomplish its goals. If you love this enduring little theatre, you can help them by donating $500 which will replace one chair in the auditorium. You get a plaque with your name on it on the back of the chair. There are other donation levels as well.
At the core of every thriving city is a supportive home for the arts, and with your gift, they can create a cultural destination in the heart of the Midlands. They offer many levels of support, beginning at $30, which allows students to attend performances at the Koger.
Purchase Gift Cards:
A gift that promises fun in the future! Gift cards can be applied at checkout when purchasing tickets to upcoming shows. Cards can be of any dollar amount, beginning at $10.
Chapin Community Theatre is a dedicated group of writers, actors and directors who work tirelessly to bring live theatre to the Chapin area. Gift certificates cost $30 or $55, and are good for two or four tickets respectively to any one performance in the 2020 or 2021 season. Details on their website.
Note from the publisher: Please patronize our advertisers (click on the banner ads) who are allowing us to carry on too!